I've been MIA on the blog! I know! I was going to save this recipe for the ebook, but decided I owe you a recipe! This recipe, as well as all the ebook recipes, has been tested by you awesome people! With only positive feedback. I hope you enjoy them and alllllll the things pumpkin this fall! This is my favorite time of the year!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
*makes about 11 muffins
*you can sub coconut oil for butter, but butter is always better
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
3 large eggs
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 cup coconut butter (not oil)
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 11 muffin papers.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla.
4. Melt the butter on low on the stovetop.
5. Add the eggs and pumpkin to the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
6. Add melted butter. Mix to combine.
7. Make cream cheese filling by combining all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
8. Make topping by combining all ingredients with clean fingers to make a soft crumble.
9. Fill each paper with a scoop of batter, using half the batch. Add a generous scoop of cream cheese filling to each muffin. Top with a scoop of batter. Press down with fingers. It's okay if the cream cheese is oozing out .
10. Add the crumble on top, evenly distributing on each muffin.
11. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Hi There, I'm
- I have a love for clean eating and love experimenting in the kitchen for my two food sensitive children. I founded Planks, Love and Guacamole, to create a sustainable paleo lifestyle without missing the comfort of traditional meals.