I thought I'd kick off September with a delicious fall inspired pumpkin recipe. I'm uuubsessed with fall and pumpkin everything, if you haven't noticed! Have you tried my pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin pancakes with maple caramel sauce yet? Here's what's going on in these bites of delish.... It's a bottom layer of vanilla cookie pie crust, middle layer of creamy pumpkin pie and top layer of pecan maple caramel. And the whole recipe is no bake! Just layer it all and set in the fridge for a few hours. You can use silicone molds or mini muffin papers, you could even make this into a pie. They will pop out of silicone molds pretty well, though I did have a couple crack at the bottoms. I made these in cute little pumpkin molds, though it's hard to see! Okay, here ya go! happy September!
Bottom layer (cookie pie crust)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Middle layer (pumpkin pie)
2 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsp pumpkin purée
2 tbsp unsweetened full fat coconut cream (the fat on top of the can)
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Top layer (maple pecan caramel)
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (just the solid fat on top of the can)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup pecans, crushed
1. Prepare the cookie pie crust bottom layer first. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for bottom layer. Pour into muffin papers or silicone molds, filling 1/3 of the way. Set aside in refrigerator to harden.
2. Prepare pumpkin pie middle layer. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Layer the pumpkin pie filling over the hardened cookie layer, filling another 1/3 of the way. Set in the fridge.
3. Last, prepare the maple pecan caramel top layer. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Heat on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, at a rolling boil, stirring often, until thickened. Layer the caramel on top.
4. Refrigerate the tray of bites for at Lear 1 hour to set and harden. Enjoy straight from the fridge! Must be kept refrigerated.
Hi There, I'm
- I have a love for clean eating and love experimenting in the kitchen for my two food sensitive children. I founded Planks, Love and Guacamole, to create a sustainable paleo lifestyle without missing the comfort of traditional meals.