Homemade Maple Sausage PattiesHere is an easy breakfast sausage recipe that will make you wonder why you are still spending $8 on Applegate sausages. Or maybe that was just me. These are easy, cheap, fresh and you know exactly what went in. You can skip the maple syrup for whole30. You can separate with parchment paper and freeze them too!
1 b ground chicken, turkey or pork (pictured is turkey)
2 tbsp grade B maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp fennel or anise seed
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp fat (I use ghee) to fry in
1. Heat a skillet on medium.
2. Mix everything (except fat) together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat your fat.
4. Form flat patties out of meat mixture.
5. Place patties in hot fat to cook, flipping halfway and cooking until cooked through.
6. Makes 8-10 patties, depending on how large you make them.