Here's another breaded chicken recipe that is so great for kids, my son loves them. They are also a great party/appetizer food. My go-to chicken finger recipe is here. But these are different, and have great coconut flavor. I always scoop a little dip out for my son before adding the red pepper flakes because he can't take the heat! But I love it!
You are going to coat the parchment paper with coconut oil and they oven fry themselves. Coconut flour is extremely absorbent, so that's why I am using 1/4 cup of it on the parchment paper. They tend to dry out without a ton of oil. What I do is put the coconut oil on the parchment paper on the cookie sheet while the oven is preheating and it melts it real fast, then just spread it out all over wih my fingers to evenly coat the paper. I find that the smaller the chicken pieces, the crispier they get, so slice thin and don't use big fat pieces.
1 1/4 lb chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tbsp coconut sugar *omit for whole30
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Spicy Mango Dip
1 mango (1 cup mango flesh)
1 tbsp raw honey *omit for whole30
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and coat heavily with coconut oil.
2. Lightly beat 2 eggs in a bowl.
3. Mix up the breading in a shallow dish (everything that's left).
4. Dredge chicken through egg then batter with breading and transfer to cookie sheet.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flip, bake for another 10 minutes.
Hi There, I'm
- I have a love for clean eating and love experimenting in the kitchen for my two food sensitive children. I founded Planks, Love and Guacamole, to create a sustainable paleo lifestyle without missing the comfort of traditional meals.