Asparagus and Truffle Sausage Quiche (Crust recipe)
So I haven't had real quiche in a really long time, probably over a year, maybe even more. That being said, my thoughts right now are that this is the best quiche I've ever had. It is so rich, buttery and satisfying. The crust is out if this world and just melts on your mouth. I had to get this recipe up immediatley because 1. It's amazing and 2. It's perfect for an Easter brunch.
I loved the flavors of exactly what I used as the filling, but feel free to switch up the veggies and meat to whatever you like. I got these D'Argantan truffle chicken sausages that are so delicious and paired perfect with this quiche.
This crust is versatile and can be used for many things, like chicken pot pie, apple pie, etc. You ust food process it into a dough and then use your fingers to spread it out in a pie dish. I've said it before, I am butters #1 fan and do not recommend substituting coconut oil. The butter makes this crust so delicious. And butter is awesome.
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup butter, cup into pieces
1/2 cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk, blended and then measured if separated in can
1 cup chopped cooked asparagus or choice of veggie
8 oz truffle chicken sausage (or any)
2 Tbsp butter (to brown sausage and onion in)
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried herbs (I used oregano)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter pie dish.
2. Make crust. Food process all crust ingredients until a dough forms.
3. Use fingers to spread dough out thin in pie dish, up the sides also. It doesn't have to be perfect!
4. Brown sausage on stovetop with 2 Tbsp butter and onion.
5. Beat eggs in a small bowl with sea salt, black pepper, and dried herbs.
6. Add cooked asparagus, browned sausage and onion to the bottom of the pie crust.
7. Top with eggs.
8. Top with coconut milk.
9. Use a spoon to spread everything out evenly in the pie dish.
10. Bake at 350F for 30-40 mins, until center is set and top browns slightly.
11. Allow to cool before cutting. Slice and serve.