Peppermint Cocoa Truffles
Sooooo it's Saint Patrick's Day. I don't do Saint Patrick's Day and I'm not an ounce Irish... But I do do paleo treats for ALL holidays. Mint is green so it's Saint Patrick's Day-like, no? This recipe is a modification of my cocoa truffles. http://planksloveandguacamole.blogspot.com/2014/02/be-my-valentine-cocoa-truffles-3-ways.html They're barely sweetened, all wholesome ingredients are used and you won't feel guilty indulging in these velvety little bites of heaven. The photo does them no justice, but they are incredible I promise. You will LOVE them. Keep them in the refrigerator, they are good cold and at room temp the coconut oil will melt.
You can use any type of nut- I'd recommend hazelnuts, Brazil nuts or almond. You can use essential oil (food grade only- I use doterra) or peppermint extract.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup nuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for dusting
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa, plus extra for dusting
2 Tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 drops peppermint essential oil OR 1 tsp peppermint extract
Dash of sea salt
1. In a food processor, pulse your nuts until pulverized.
2. Add everything else, except the cocoa/coconut for dusting.
3. Process all ingredients until smooth. You'll have to stop and push down the sides a few times.
4. Refrigerate the mixture for about 10-15mins, until it hardens enough to ball.
5. Make balls out of the mixture.
6. Refrigerate again for a few hours. Dust with cocoa or coconut flakes and enjoy! Makes 12 balls.