Crispy, crunchy, Cajun seasoned fried pickle chips with Cajun dip. Yes please. Not much to talk about here. This makes like a cup of pickles, enough for 2 people to share as an appetizer or side. Double if you want a bigger batch. These are vest fried in bacon grease.
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp arrowroot starch
2 tsp Cajun spice
1 Tbsp full fat unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup bacon fat or frying fat of choice
1/4 cup paleo mayo
1 tsp Cajun spice
1 tsp lemon juice
*just mix it all up in a small bowl
1. Heat your fat in a frying pan on med-high heat.
2. In a shallow pan, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot, and Cajun spices.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and coconut milk together.
4. Dredge the pickles through the egg mixture, then bread them, then place them in the hot fat.
5. Fry just a few mins on each side, until golden.
6. Remove when golden and if you have, place on a cooling rack. If not, just put them on a paper towl and it will soak up the excess oil.
7. Serve chips with Cajun dip and enjoy!
Hi There, I'm
- I have a love for clean eating and love experimenting in the kitchen for my two food sensitive children. I founded Planks, Love and Guacamole, to create a sustainable paleo lifestyle without missing the comfort of traditional meals.